2-day Advanced Agendashift: Coaching & leading continuous transformation
Leading change in the 21st century? Agendashift is a modern engagement model for lasting and successful change:
- Based not on the imposition of prescribed solutions but around authentic agreement on outcomes
- Not linear and plan-based, but emergent, humane, and complexity-conscious
- Not just one-off projects, but the beginning of new conversations and new kinds of conversation
- Not proprietary, but open and framework-agnostic – built by and for a welcoming community of experienced practitioners working at the intersection of Lean, - Agile, organisation development (OD), and strategy deployment
The Advanced workshop ‘Coaching and leading continuous transformation’ is the Agendashift engagement model compressed into a highly immersive 2-day workshop. It is aimed at coaches, consultants, and managers wishing to:
- Develop their coaching and leadership skills in the areas of enquiry, facilitation, strategy deployment, and change leadership
- Broaden and deepen their appreciation of the Lean-Agile landscape and related bodies of knowledge and their strategic application to organisational development
Who should attend
The advanced workshop is aimed at all agents and leaders of organisational change – whether internal or external, specialist practitioner or sponsor. Whilst the majority of attendees have been coaches and consultants, a significant number have held managerial and business leadership roles.
This workshop is offered both publicly and privately. Public workshops are focussed primarily on skills. You will however have ample opportunity to put them into your organisational context and demonstrate Agendashift’s ability to meet organisational needs in ways such as these:
- Launching, refocusing, or reenergising continuous transformation in your organisation
- Enhancing your organisation’s internal coaching and change management capability
- Embedding outcome-orientation and continuous transformation through leadership development
- Practice in a range of outcome-oriented facilitation techniques
- Recognition of the role of outcome orientation in the modern organisation
- Understanding of the integration of techniques and concepts from Lean-Agile, Kanban, Clean Language, Cynefin, Lean Startup, and A3
- Awareness of the power of feedback loops in organisational behaviour and evolution
Participants will receive a print copy of the book Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation. A survey based on the Agendashift delivery assessment will be distributed to workshop participants a week or so in advance.
Current members of the Agendashift partner programme and attendees of previous Agendashift workshops are eligible to a NOK 500 discount. Attendance at this workshop qualifies new partners to the same discount off their first year membership. We are also happy to offer discounts to employees in the public, educational, and charitable/non-profit sectors. Please email email@example.com for details and discount codes.
Day 1: Learning the language of outcomes
Discovery: Describing where we’d like to get to.
Exploring organisational context, objectives, obstacles, and outcomes using these Core exercises:
Exploration: Prospecting for opportunities
The opportunity to practice skills acquired in Discovery, using for raw material an analysis of the Agendashift delivery assessment (an online survey distributed in advance as prework):
Mapping: Building a visual transformation plan
The output of Exploration fed through a “string” of complementary mapping exercises:
- Option approach mapping1
- Option visibility mapping2
- Pathway mapping
Elaboration: Framing actions, testing our thinking, and Operation: Change as real work:
The culture, practice, and organisation of hypothesis-based change:
- Changeban (I): A process of knowledge discovery
- Options to experiments
- Experiment A3
- Changeban (II): Double loop learning
Meetup the first evening
Mike Burrows will facilitate a workshop of Outside-in Strategy Review (OI-SR) from his new book: Right to Left: The digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile.
Two books will be given away for free! Book your seat.
Agenda for the meetup
17.30 - 18.00: Light food
18.00 - 20.00: Outside-in Strategy Review workshop
- The context, when and how often to use it
- Agreeing on a timeframe using Celebration-5W
- From Obstacles to Outcomes using 15-minute FOTO
- Structuring a plan using the OI-SR template
- Developing options using the Agendshift Experiment A3 template
About the venue
Norway’s Polytechnic Society is the knowledge-based member network for sustainable technology and social development - through interdisciplinary insight, inspiration and influence - since 1852.
The Polytechnic Society is independent, interdisciplinary and non-commercial, and has over 2000 personal, corporate and organizational members. Through professional networks, meetings and partnerships across sectors, the Polytechnic Society facilitates dialogue on important topics in technology, society and business.
HM The King Harald and HRH The Crown Prince Haakon Magnus are honorary members, and HM The King grants the Polytechnic Society’s President and Secretary General audience at the Royal Palace twice a year.
The years ahead will be about creating solutions for the UN’s sustainability goals through technological advances, good leadership and partnerships locally and globally. With 167 years of vitality, the Polytechnic Society is well equipped for the task.
The homepage of The Norwegian Polytechnic Society.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2019 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The Agendashift Advanced workshop description (and the Discovery, Exploration, Mapping, Elaboration, and Operation curriculum elements on which it is based) by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Cancellations more than 14 days before the workshop will give you a full refund.
Interested in other workshops?
- Humanize event support