Bringing OKR to life with Agendashift
Objectives and Key Results (OKR) is a framework for defining and tracking objectives and their outcomes. Done well it’s a great model for participatory strategy deployment, but the way you introduce OKR matters as much as the framework itself.
With the powerful combination of OKR and Agendashift you’ll avoid the potential pitfalls and dysfunctions of OKR and come away with fresh perspectives on participation, leadership, and organisation design. You’ll also experience some exciting new tools for strategy and operation.
The best outcomes aren’t just metrics or targets, but the happy endings to stories in which real needs are met. Agendashift and OKR seem made for each other:
- Agendashift: an engagement model that is strategic in outlook and steadfastly needs-based and outcome-oriented in both approach and technique
- OKR: an operating model for strategy deployment that emphasises alignment on outcomes and transparency around progress towards them
Of all our workshops, Wholehearted:OKR delivers the most complete realisation of our wholehearted mission. It demonstrates how to create opportunities for:
- Authentic engagement on issues that matter
- Meaningful participation across strategy, development, and delivery
- Anticipating and meeting needs
- Leadership around outcomes (each inviting the other)
Day 1: Exploring Objectives
Engage on identifying compelling shared goals; learn the the language of outcomes, how to organise them, and define their measures of success
– Introducing OKR, 4DX, and Agendashift
– From adaptive challenge to ideal best
- Outside-in strategy review (I)
– Layers: Customer, Organisation
– Stories, ideal, obstacles, outcomes
– 15-minute FOTO (Lite)
- Find your objectives
– Plan on a Page
– Option Relationship Mapping
– Define your WIG
- Identify your measures of success
– X-Matrix / TASTE (I)
– Leading & lagging indicators; Scoreboard
Day 2: Sustaining Key Results
Focussing collaboration; showing progress towards objectives; nurturing and sustaining emergent ownership; creating opportunities for leadership to develop – and the relationship of all of these to organisation design.
– Knowledge discovery process
– Double loop learning
– Sustaining cycles
- Outside-in strategy review (II)
– Layers: Product, Platform, Team(s)
– Stories, ideal, obstacles, outcomes
– 15-minute FOTO (Classic)
- Organising for (mutual) accountability
– Cadence of accountability
– Outside-in service delivery review
– Organising in circles
- Taking it forward
– X-Matrix / TASTE (II)
– Two hypotheses; Experiment A3
The tools we will use are Zoom, Miro and Google Docs. We recommend that you install the apps from Zoom.us and Miro.com before the workshop starts.
The Agendashift book
Every participant will receive a free copy of the book Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation by the facilitator Mike Burrows when the workshop starts.
Refund and events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- A refund of 100% will be given for cancellations received before May 4th 2020.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received after May 4th 2020.
- The event will not be cancelled after May 4th 2020 except for force majeure.
Agendashift™ is copyright © 2015-2019 Positive Incline Ltd. All rights reserved. The Agendashift Wholehearted / OKR workshop description by Mike Burrows of Positive Incline Ltd is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
Interested in other workshops?
- Humanize event support